Web Excursions for December 11, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
This is the “Brett’s On Vacation” edition. I have lousy wifi and an intentional lack of computer time here in sunny-but-chilly California. Nonetheless, here are a few destinations of interest…
- Sir Trevor JS
Sir Trevor provides a means to transform a text input into a rich content editor thats been re-imagined for the web. The content of the editor is stored as markdown inside a JSON object, with the structure and the contents of the post serialized inside of it.
- The Not Nurse Ratched System for Mind-Mapping Markdown
- A great trick for using Tree.app to outline in Markdown.
- SkyJack: A Drone to Hack All Drones
- The start of a better interface for sharing Marked Custom Styles, by Matt Stauffer. Now we just need to work out live previews of available styles…
- A simple, free, and straightforward service for bookmarking podcasts to “listen later.”
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.