Web excursions: January 6th, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- PlaceIt by Breezi
- This is pretty cool. Create app screenshots on realistic backgrounds just by dragging in an iOS screenshot.
- All you need to know about CSS Transitions
- A very comprehensive look at some parts of the CSS3 animation spec you might not have known about.
- 27 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts In 2012
- I love this stuff.
- Getting Things Done with Semantic Notes
- This system is well thought-out, and making me reconsider some of my current practices. If you have ever written a note, this is a good read.
- Re-enable old style auto-save for TextEdit
- Add “Save As” back to TextEdit. Handy trick if you miss the “old days.”
Check out MindMeister and start brainstorming, collaborating, and boosting productivity.