Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- Zenia - Your personal yoga assistant
- AI meets yoga. Uses the front camera of your iPhone (nothing recorded or sent to server) to provide real-time feedback on your poses. I tested this out, it’s pretty impressive and I’ll be interested to watch it expand.
- Clicker for Disney+
- Another one from the “Clicker for X” developers, this time for Disney+. This one is free, though I haven’t tested it myself as I’m not currently subscribing to Disney+.
- A crowd-sourced library for your organization, in Slack. Like inter-library loans, but for your friends’ and coworkers’ personal book collections.
- An interactive animation combined with your web form to gamify form completion. I dig it.
- StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- I recently upgraded from an older MacBook Pro to a newer, Thunderbolt 3-only MBP. I had a great setup with a TB2 dock and everything running through a single Thunderbolt port, and I was able to port that entire setup with this one $80 dongle. (I’ll admit, I eventually went for a TB3 dock, but this absolutely did the trick and made that investment entirely optional.)
BrettTerpstra.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees when linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.