Web Excursions for October 15, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
- HoudahSpot beta 3.8 with Mavericks tagging
- The beta of HoudahSpot is compatible with both OpenMeta and Mavericks tags, and offers the option to merge them. So it begins.
- Send Secure information, passwords, links with dead drop
Need to send some data securely? Password? Love Note? Haiku? This is the place.
- I’ve had a couple of people ask if this was possible, so I figured this might be worth sharing: it “exports and synchronizes images and metadata from iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac.” Via OneThingWell.
- Intro to Tmux
- If you’re a Terminal person and haven’t tried
tmux, you really should. This intro from NetTuts is a great place to get started. Note that iTerm 2 provides deep tmux integration with
- Quickly toggling elements in the Web Inspector
- A very handy trick from Bricss, including a tip for toggling “display:none” with the same hotkey.
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.