Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
- Slow Feeds
- I’ve mentioned Slow Feeds in the past. It’s an iOS RSS feed reader that lets you filter your feeds by posting frequency.
Now, back and at version 6, Slow Feeds is simpler than ever. It’s a free download, but you can buy an upgrade to Super Slow Feeds to get unlimited access to older posts and lower posting frequency filters.
- I mentioned Sorted3 back in 2017. They’ve just come out with a Mac companion version (Catalyst) of their streamlined todo/scheduling app. It’s definitely worth a look.
- What I Use Now Instead Of Google
- A good list of alternatives to Google for everything from email to web searches.
- Cyber Attribution Report
- Writing a post-cyber-attack press release and need a nation state actor to blame? This page will generate everything you need. (humor)
- Sendy - Send Newsletters 100x cheaper via Amazon SES
- I’ve been mentioning this lots of places, but I’m really excited about it. Pointed out to my by Tyler Hall on Systematic, this self-hosted newsletter app lets you send trackable emails via Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) for a fraction of what major email services like Mailchimp will charge. If you have a medium-to-large mailing list, it’s more than worth every penny.
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.