Web Excursions for February 12, 2020
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
- Diagrams: Diagram Editor for Mac
- An elegant diagram editor for macOS. I wish I could recall the name of the one I used to use quite happily, but it’s eluding me now. At $20, Diagrams a stripped-down, streamlined version of tools like OmniGraffle, but it looks to be a complete solution for all kinds of diagramming.
- A command line search tool that “combines the usability of The Silver Searcher […] with the raw performance of GNU grep.” I can attest to the usability being on par with
ack, and while I haven’t run any actual benchmarks myself, it does seem to live up to its stated goals.
- Yoganotch Personal Yoga Assistant
- I mentioned Zenia recently, a camera-based AI yoga instructor. This one looks to offer the same kind of guidance, but using wearable sensors instead of relying on the camera, which I have to assume would offer more reliable feedback. I haven’t tried this yet, given I live with a yoga teacher and the investment seems extravagant, but I’m infinitely curious. As always.
- A free iOS app that turns your voice into MIDI notes. That part of it is solid and worth the download on its own if you’re looking to turn musical ideas into actual notes on the page. The multi-track feature isn’t as polished or useful, but the quantize, key magnet, and auto-chord features work well.
- Playlistor - Apple Music <-> Spotify playlists
- Convert Spotify playlists to Apple Music and vice versa. I’ve been looking for a solid way to do this for a while and this seems to be working perfectly.
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.