Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Stop Trying To Be Creative
- An interesting article shared with me by a reader. Discoveries in AI creativity and how they correlate to optimizing human potential.
- Automatic Generation of Text Extraction Patterns from Examples
- A pretty cool tool which lets you provide a list of strings you’d like to find patterns in, and then returns a regular expression that will pass each example case.
- Speaking of regular expressions, Dr. Drang had a great post on regular expressions recently, and you can use it as a starting point to backtrack through the conversation.
- Based on teamocil, itermocil lets you define groups of windows, panes, and executed commands for iTerm2 using YAML files.
- Python tutorial: A Beginner’s Guide to Python
- If you’re new to scripting (or programming in general), I’ve come to believe that Python is the best starting point. This tutorial from Udemy is a good intro, and pairs well with the Learning Python Bundle from Mijingo.
- Swift Sandbox
- A newsletter on all things Swift programming from the developer behind MacDevWeekly. I’ve greatly enjoyed getting his Objective-C oriented list of curated highlights from the developer world, so I’m looking forward to this one. : All subscribers are automatically eligible to win one of 14 Swift Books in an August drawing. Details on the landing page.