Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Udemy. Learn Anything.
- Safari is(‘nt?) the new IE
- A post from Nolan Lawson titled Safari is the new IE set off a discussion of Safari’s development, broaching a concern I’ve had for a while now.
- Jason Snell offers a measured response in Web developers are grumpy about Safari
- Rene Ritchie offers a rebuttal in Safari isn’t the new IE: it’s the user-centric web
- Nolan follows up with Safari is the new IE 2: Revenge of the Linkbait
- iPhone, iPad, Mac Buyer’s Guide: Know When to Buy
- MacRumors offers a very handy guide showing average product cycles and time since last release, aiding buyers in deciding the timing of a purchase of a given line of Apple products.
- What’s Victor Agreda Jr. Going to Do Next?
- I’m a fan of Victor Agreda Jr., comedian, thinker, and former editor-in-chief of The Unofficial Apple Weblog. His personality is edgy and raw, and one to which I’ve always been able to relate. This article from his hometown newspaper was a great read. There’s a good Systematic episode with Victor, as well.
- Zuli Smartplug Presence Pack
- I haven’t had a chance to try these out yet (they start shipping in 6-8 weeks), but it might be a leap forward in my decade-long quest for accurate proximity detection for home automation.
- This looks like a good Word/Pages alternative for people who want true rich text editing. Inexpensive at $1.99.