Web Excursions for April 08, 2014
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- Save articles from the web on Evernote from iOS
- Cool bookmarklet from Phillip Gruneich for using Marky to save nicely formatted articles to Evernote.
- Another cool way to quickly make presentations for any device. Like Deckset, it also handles Markdown.
- Automatically create Calendar events when receiving email
- There’s a lot of finagling required to make this tip work for specific situations, but it’s a pretty cool trick.
- A neat-looking tool for generating concise and appropriate privacy policies for apps and websites.
- A handy calorie tracker for Mac. See the levels of nutrients and calories, track your goals and gather a variety of stats. It comes with a big database, and you can add custom foods as needed.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.