Instapaper Beyond 1.3
I just pushed out a fairly large update for Instapaper Beyond1, my little userscript for Fluid which adds extensive keyboard navigation and additional functionality to the Instapaper website. I’ve been playing with it sporadically for a while now, and version 1.3 has a lot of new features and some big fixes. See below for the best changelog I could pull together from my surprisingly scattered notes and commit messages.
Current users can update simply by pressing “U” (shift-U) in their Instapaper SSB. New users will want to take a look at the original installation instructions. The script itself is located here and over at userscripts.org. If you find any problems or have any feature requests, I’d love to hear them!
- Added new keys:
- Shift-O to open articles immediately
- t to open a menu for sending articles elsewhere
- D to send to Delibar, d to delicious web
- E to Evernote web clipper (the local helper isn’t quite ready yet)
- e to email link with selection or highlighted text if it exists
- p for Pinboard web
- \ to enter “concentrate” mode (no sidebar, dark background)
- See the help (h) for a complete list
- Made certain functions work outside of Instapaper pages so it could do some tricks on opened tabs
- added click recognition in article list, select articles by clicking with the mouse and then perform keyboard actions
- added click recognition for paragraphs in text only version, sets highlight, ready for Delicious, Pinboard, email, etc.
- added automatic target=_blank to title links
- intercept mouse clicks on the “Text-Only” links to load Ajax version
- added _blank to Open Original Article in text view
- improved element selector for ,. paging and selection
- Ajax folder creation, kinda
- fixed text styling options so you can use all of Instapaper’s built-in customizations
- smoothed out autoscrolling (/)
- made the up and down arrows not scroll the article list page until the selection moves offscreen
- added styling to break lines in code blocks (pre) for wrapping