Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing Online
- From David Perell, this is a goldmine of wisdom for bloggers, especially for those just getting started.
- Explore Census Data
- My mother is currently working for the US Census. It’s sparked an interest for me in the data collected, and I didn’t realize until recently that it’s all publicly available: a wealth of population data for the US.
- Pushcut - Automation your way
- An iOS app that can trigger iOS shortcuts (and webhooks) from push notifications. For example, a notification that appears at sunset asking if you want to turn lights on, rather than just having a timed action do something you might not always want. Lots of possibilities!
- Remote pbcopy on OS X systems
- Yes, this is a link to one of my own articles, but I’ve been using this tip so long I’d forgotten I even had a special setup for making it happen. If you’ve ever wanted to pipe output in a remote SSH session right to your macOS clipboard, here you go.