Titler 1.1.0

I’ve been tweaking the Titler Service I published last week a bit over the last few days. It’s now an official “project” with its own page. I wanted to push this version out before I lose any more time to it, but if you run into any problems, be sure to drop me a line.

Titler no longer has any dependencies. I replaced nokogiri with a simple regex. The original goal for this little tool had need of more complex parsing, but pulling a title tag out just doesn’t. I also replaced the standard network methods with system curl calls, which means no more hassle dealing with SSL (https) urls.

The new features include:

  • Option to remove SEO tags (site title, site tagline etc.) from titles
    • To use this, add clean_seo_titles: true to your ~/.titler config file
  • If a title is truncated, you can optionally include the original (full) title in a title attribute.
    • add full_title_as_title: true to ~/.titler
  • When truncating titles, Titler will now ensure that any open punctuation pairs are closed at the end
  • HTML entity cleanup
  • UTF-8 support
  • Improved error handling
  • A bunch of more trivial improvements

You can download directly below, and see the Titler project page for more info.

Titler Service v1.1.0

An OS X System Service to add titles and affiliate tokens to urls (Markdown format) in selected text

Published 02/25/15.

Updated 02/25/15. Changelog

DonateMore info…

Brett Terpstra

Brett is a writer and developer living in Minnesota, USA. You can follow him as ttscoff on Twitter, GitHub, and Mastodon. Keep up with this blog by subscribing in your favorite news reader.

This content is supported by readers like you.

Join the conversation