Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- JetBrains Mono: A free and open source typeface for developers
- I think this is my new IDE font.
- Building a Spotify player for my Mac SE/30
- I stand in awe of this build.
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance
- Reading about Cleariew AI will make you want a pair of sunglasses that obscures your face from surveillance cameras…
- Leonard Cohen - The Story of Thanks for the Dance
- A mini-doc detailing the story behind Leonard Cohen’s posthumous record, Thanks for the Dance. The contrast of loss and creation made for a melancholy record. I love it.
- I Invented the World Wide Web. Here’s How We Can Fix It.
The Contract for the Web is a global plan of action created over the past year by activists, academics, companies, governments and citizens from across the world to make sure our online world is safe, empowering and genuinely for everyone.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.