Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Keeping Chrome Light on Its Feet
- I’ve mentioned Workona before, and it remains my favorite tab/window/workspace management solution for Chrome. The developers recently solved the problem of potentially increased CPU usage when you had too many tabs/workspaces open, and now it’s not only the most convenient tab manager, it’s the fastest way to work with a TON of windows and tabs.
- Here’s How Much Bots Drive Conversation During News Events
About 60 percent of Twitter activity related to the caravan late last week was driven by bots, according to a new tool aimed at news organizations.
- sharkdp/fd: A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to ‘find’
- A handy (and simpler) alternative to ‘find’ in your Terminal.
- ncdu - NCurses Disk Usage
- A really nice NCurses-based disk utilization CLI that gives you a navigable file tree with file sizes and paths. Drill down to find the disk hogs.
- A cat(1) clone that offers paging, colorization, and line numbering as standard options. Just
alias cat=batand go.