Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Found via a post from Jason Snell about podcast transcription, I’ve been trying out this automatic audio post production service. I set it up with transcription via the Google Cloud Speech platform and am actually very impressed with the results. Good enough for fuzy full-text search, anyway. And the audio processing is surprisingly good.
- This is a very interesting Sublime Text package that actually creates a split view Markdown editor with live preview right in Sublime. I hadn’t previously even realized this was feasible.
- Best VPN Services
- A thorough comparison of currently available VPN services, covering speed, encryption level, usability and cost. The site isn’t affiliated with any particular VPN, and the ranking/scoring is fair (and useful).
- From Christopher Hannah: a little CLI written in Swift that uses my TitleCase API to convert input to a properly title-cased string from the command line or as part of a script pipeline.
- Apparix augmenting the command-line with directory bookmarks
- Apparix is a CLI that augments directory navigation with bookmarks, distant listing, and distant editing. I need to dig deeper on this one, but thus far it’s
- Typ.io Fonts that go together
- Web font inspiration and pairing ideas.