Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Cassette for iOS records interviews and offers real-time speech-to-text transcription, and you can tap to bookmark and tag highlights in the moment. Built in search and summarization, and easy sharing. I’ve been wanting to build a podcasting app with a similar feature set, so this is inspiring.
- Cerebro App – open-source productivity booster with a brain
- An open source alternative to Alfred and Spotlight. It won’t replace LaunchBar or Alfred for me right now, but the API is robust and pretty straightforward, so I’m watching the plugin development here.
- Milanote: The notes app for creative work.
- “The notes app for creative work.” A web-based, visual, unstructured space for ideas and note-taking. Similar to Curio in concept (though much smaller in feature scope).
- Mullvad - World-Class VPN Service
- A plug-and-play VPN service to keep your online activity, identity, and location private. Pay €5/mo with Bitcoin, cash, bank wire, credit card (PayPal), or Swish.
- I’m in love with this one right now. It works with the Apple Watch to track your sleep, including heart rate and other Apple Watch health data, but reads it without needing an Apple Watch app. It figures out when you’re sleeping automatically, no app to remember to start up when you’re going to bed.