Similarity bookmarklet update
I’ve updated the Similarity bookmarklet that I posted yesterday. If you missed it, it’s a bookmarklet for desktop browsers that lets you quickly gather links in “Top X resources for…” type posts. It works on Product Hunt collections, “related posts” boxes, etc. By determining common characteristics of links, it does a pretty good job of only selecting links of the same type as you clicked.
Here’s what changed.
- It’s a little more forgiving when finding containers now, so it’s more likely to work with link lists of different formats
- It does a better job of fixing line breaks and trailing spaces in titles when generating Markdown lists
- It offers an option to open in new tabs or output the Markdown list for copying
- It’s back to being hosted remotely, which means it can auto-update as I make changes
- (I figured out how to get Cloudfront to use Amazon SSL certificates while still pulling http-only from my server)
I think that’s all, just needed a little break and made some quick changes. I did a round of tests and all seems well, but let me know what you run into. Grab the updated bookmarklet below (drag to your bookmarks bar):