Web Excursions for May 27, 2015
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
- Twinword Text Analysis Bundle API Documentation
- A great API for sentiment analysis, topic tagging, lemmatizing, and more.
- SoundCloud Wall
- A fun music discovery tool for SoundCloud.
- inessential: How Not to Crash
- The first in a great series of posts from Brent Simmons with tips for writing Objective-C apps that don’t crash. Find more of the series in the May archives.
- MacID - Unlock your Mac with just your fingerprint.
- This is great. An iOS/Mac combo app that lets you unlock your Mac using Touch ID on your iOS device. It also allows you to define custom tap sequences for trackpad-based locking and unlocking.
- Hand in Hand Clock
- Now that personal timepieces are more ubiquitous than ever, be it a cell phone, a watch, a FitBit… the idea of a wall mounted clock is less useful than ever. This one strikes my fancy, though, and there are schematics available for building your own with a bit of 3D printing.
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.