Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
Links of interest for November 4:
- Dropbox Uploader
- Dropbox Uploader is a PHP class which can be used to upload files to Dropbox, an online file synchronization and backup service.
- Aside Revisited – HTML5 Doctor
- This is an update to a previous article. The spec has changed to allow aside to be used for secondary content, changing its context depending on whether it’s contained within an article.
- NameChecklist - Find your name the easy way!
- Use namechecklist to check if your brandname, username, domain and vanity url are still available on the worldwide web.
- Best Practices of Combining Typefaces - Smashing Magazine
- “Some best practices when combining fonts in a design. When used with diligence and attention, these principles will always yield suitable results.”
- Make Dropbox Public Links Download Files Instead of Viewing Them In-Browser
- A lot of filetypes will automatically open up in their browser. Here’s how to get Dropbox to force downloads instead. Spoiler: add
?dl=1(public links only)