Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- An RSS-reader-ready collection of independent publishers. I’ll be honest, I discovered this list when I was notified I was on it, but was pleasantly surprised by the collection. If you’re not using an RSS reader to take back control of your online news, download the OPML file and import it into something like Reeder 3, ReadKit, or Feedbin!
- 86% of Passwords are Terrible (and Other Statistics)
- As a long-long-time 1Password user, having 20-character gibberish passwords unique to every account is easy for me. But at the rate that compromises are happening, having a strong, unique password is only half the battle. And you don’t even get to fight the other half of it… but do your half and bulk up your passwords.
- CatchUp - Keep in Touch
- A free app with no ads, CatchUp simply reminds you to keep in touch with the people you want to. Add a contact, set an interval, and CatchUp reminds you to reach out. This is ideal for people like me who can go years without hearing from someone and still consider them great friends, but who learn in the harshest ways that not everyone else reacts the same way.
- A self-hosted Git platform for running your own local GitHub-style repository manager. This project is a fork of Gogs with an apparently more group-focused approach to project maintenance.
- Automation Orchard
- Rosemary Orchard is an automation wiz. She’s put together Automation Orchard as a central repository for automation articles from across the web. A great stopping place for automation nerds, whether you’re looking to create workflows on your iOS device or automate your home. It’s all here.