Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Creatable and The Graphic Design Booster Bundle. Featuring 7 Mac apps, 4 design packs containing over 200 mockups and 8 video courses on subjects like becoming a pro graphic designer, getting started with Illustrator and affinity design for beginners. Check it out!
- Google Slides
- Ok, maybe everyone knew creating slide-based presentations was part of the Gdocs suite already, but if I saw it before I’d never bothered to explore it. I’m impressed, this is a great alternative to PowerPoint, especially if you’re collaborating cross-platform.
- SpaceLauncher - App Launcher and Switcher for Mac
- Similar to hyper-key hacks, this app lets you launch or switch to an app by pressing any configured key while holding down spacebar. Via Maarten den Braber via Paul Vantees.
- CPU Utilization is Wrong
- You know those CPU meters with often-confusing percentages that we all like to put on our desktop and Today widgets? Here’s what it really means, and also why it’s not the measure you think it is, especially as a developer.
- Idnan/bash-guide: A guide to learn bash
- Simply a “guide to learn bash.” If you want to get into more command line work and bash scripting, this is an excellent compendium of the basics. Also see Peter Stephenson’s “A User’s Guide to the Z-Shell.”
- The 100% Correct Coding Style Guide
- I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. If you’ve ever argued about spaces vs tabs, well, “It took me years to find the right answers but I’ve finally done it and it turns out the answer is…”
Support BrettTerpstra.com by checking out the great apps in The Graphic Design Booster Bundle!